Behavioral concerns often accompany neurological disorders. Neuropsychologists assist the patient, family, caregivers and rehabilitation/medical specialists in developing skills to cope with and manage identified problems. Behavioral consultation can serve many functions, which include the following:
- Specify and explain problems to be solved
- Identify medical, neuropsychological, behavioral and environmental factors that may contribute to the problem
- Develop short-term and long-term intervention plans that respond to the patient’s identified problems
- Supervise the implementation of the treatment strategy
- Assess the effectiveness of the intervention
Patient and Family Consultation/Education
LifeDimensions Neuropsychological staff is available to educate patients, families and their community service providers concerning neuropsychological syndromes that apply to the patient. We can provide recommendations for remediation management and/or compensatory strategies.